An Automotive Mechanic installs, maintains and repairs electrical wiring and computerised and mechanical equipment in cars, trucks, caravans, trailers and agricultural equipment. They will have expert knowledge of electronic fuel injection and ignitions, anti-lock braking, cruise control and automatic transmissions.
The day to day tasks of an Automotive Mechanic may include:
- greeting customers and handling enquiries
- servicing and repair of emission control systems
- testing, servicing and replacing batteries
- repairing electrical systems
- installing and testing electrical security systems
- repairing ignition systems
- installing air conditioning systems
- ordering and receiving components and tools
- reconciling customer accounts
ISMYCV can help you create an outstanding Automotive Mechanic cover letter and resume.