Naturopaths use a range of complementary medical techniques and remedies to diagnose, treat and prevent illness or dysfunction.
A Naturopath’s job is to diagnose, treat, and care for patients, using treatments based in the physiological functions and conditions of the natural laws governing the human body. A Naturopath utilises physiological, psychological, and mechanical methods, such as food and herb therapy, psychotherapy, physiotherapy, naturopathic corrections and manipulation together with natural medicines and nature's remedies.
Naturopaths may perform the following tasks:
- analyse patients' diets and develop personalised nutrition plans
- prescribe natural medicines such as herbal remedies, vitamin compounds and mineral supplements
- use organic techniques to promote the body's self-healing
- manipulate the musculo-skeletal system to correct postural, muscular or skeletal disorders
- examine the eye to analyse and treat illness in various organs of the body (iridology)
A Naturopath may specialise in one or more of these areas:
- remedial therapist/myotherapist
- traditional Chinese medicine practitioner
ISMYCV can help you create an outstanding Naturopath cover letter and resume.