Podiatrists diagnose and treat disorders, diseases, and injuries of the foot and lower leg. A Podiatrists job may include treatment of ingrown toenails, bunions, heel spurs, arch problems, ankle and foot injuries, deformities and infections. A Podiatrist may refer patients to physicians for treatment of underlying conditions causing foot disorders.
Podiatrists use the following methods to treat their patients:
- prescription of drugs and medication
- develop physical therapy programs
- set fractures and breaks
- perform surgery
- fit corrective shoe inserts
- design plaster casts and strapping’s to correct deformities
- design custom-made shoes
- prescription of corrective foot wear
Podiatrists work with physicians, nurses, surgeons and other health care professionals to coordinate patient treatment.
ISMYCV can help you create an outstanding Podiatrist cover letter and resume.